Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Pick Your Potion......FMS306






Well I certainly need a magic potion today to make this pesky head cold go away!  I've tried various potions over the past 24 hours and nothing has worked very well yet.  Hoping Alka Seltzer Cold medicine does the trick tonight so I can sleep. But before I mix it up I thought I would mention a few things that you probably should keep to yourself when talking to someone whose eyes and nose are running like faucets..........

1.  "Oh Emma's only lasted a couple days....she's fine."  (Kindergarten germs are deadly for Grandmas.....)

2.  "Stop blowing your nose it will get sore." (Too late....and do I really have a choice?)

3.  "Are you sure it isn't allergies?"  followed by a saga of personal allergy problems.  (At my age I'm sure but thanks for sharing.)

4.  "Amma you need to sneeze into your elbow like this!"  (Seriously who dreamed that up?  I'd need to drape my arm like a waiter at this stage.)

5.  And my personal favorite......."What's for dinner?" 





Jen Mitchell, my talented friend from New England, has a great sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches! Play along!

Stamp Set:  Festive Phrases
Ink:  Black, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Spooky Night DSP

12 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Cute card! Perfect sentiment and designer papers. Yep, kindergarten germs are deadly for old moms too...I always count on anything that my kids drag home from school lasting twice as long when I get it! Hoping that your potion worked wonders and that you got some sleep. Feel better soon!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Super fun card! I'm sure sorry you're feeling miserable. "What's for dinner?" LOL - yup! You're wishing you could just curl up and croak and they want to know what (and WHEN!!) you're fixing for dinner. Classic! :) Hope you feel better soon!!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Love the black background on your card, Linda. Those sequins are a great addition to your cute papers and stamp! I hope you find the right potion and get well soon!

Brian King said...

Oooh! I love this layout and how you've used this fun sentiment. This is a great Halloween card, Linda. Hope you are feeling better soon! <3

Amy O said...

Very cute! Love this stamp with the potions in the dsp. Hope you're feeling better soon, and that someone is making chicken soup for you for dinner. That "What's for dinner?" question is so annoying. I had to make a rule that no one could ask that question before lunch, as my crew was asking that at the breakfast table!

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, I do hope you find just the magic potion you need to feel better... laughter is the best medicine, right?
LOve your card! Worked wonders for me!
=]

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda I love this card and how it can be used outside the context of "Halloween".... so cute..... but NOT as cute as you punch list!! Too funny. Hugs

Michelle said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon! Sure made me giggle!! :) Fun card!!

Jen Brum said...

Oh Linda! I love this card! So perfect for Halloween and the sequins so look like bubble coming out of that cauldron! So cute! Hope you're feeling better! Kindergarten germs are the worst. Both of the kindergarten teachers at our school are sick right now. It even gets the teachers!!! Rest up! Get take out!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I hope the potion worked! That's a fun Halloween card!! And as for the list I think #5 is the easiest to dismiss. The answer is obviously "whatever delivers!

Karren said...

I hope you're starting to feel better now? This card is just so much fun - I so wish I had a reason to make Halloween cards because I think the Halloween products are right up there with Christmas.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is super cool! I love those papers paired with that fab sentiment/image combo! Hope you're on the mend now - being sick is the worst!