Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Thinking of Sketches.....FMS328





When it is my turn to draw up a sketch for a challenge at Freshly Made Sketches I use two very "scientific" techniques.  Sometimes I doodle with a pencil on a blank sheet of paper until a layout takes shape.  Sometimes I cut out shapes and actually move them around until a layout I like develops.  So to prepare for this week's sketch I sharpened my #2 yellow pencil and sat down at my desk.  And right there on the corner of my desk were six cards I had just made using the new Waterfront set.  The elements of this set work together beautifully to create countless outdoor scenes.  And those same elements gave me the basic design of my sketch this week! Maybe checking my card stash should be my third technique for developing a sketch!  

I'd love to see how you interpret my sketch this week. Join us at Freshly Made Sketches!




Stamp Sets: Waterfront, Sentiment from Hero Arts
Ink: Pool Party, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake


16 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Amazing card! I just love the scene you've created with your wonderful sketch - you've really nailed it!

stampwithamyk said...

Beautiful card! Love that mountain scene that you've created. And I love even more that you nailed the sketch with a card that you'd made before you even saw it. :)

I Card Everyone said...

I love the way your brain works, Linda... I love the way your stamps work even more! Gorgeous...
=]

Amy O said...

I love this pretty little scene. It's perfect for a "thinking of you" card. And I loved working with this sketch!

Lisa Petrella said...

Love this card, Linda! Such a fabulous take on the sketch!!!

Brian King said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, my friend! Love these natural tones with this sweet set. <3

LeAnne said...

This is just wonderful! I am going to share this with my friend who just bought this set and was looking for ideas! CAS PERFECTION!

Marlene said...

This is one of the prettiest cards I've seen using this stamp set. Lovely!

Karren said...

Your sketch is great and your card is just perfect! Such a gorgeous scene!

Jen Mitchell said...

Doodles and shapes are a great way to dream up a sketch. They obviously work here! What a clever design!

Claire said...

This looks like a hand painted masterpiece Linda - how great that the card inspired the sketch!

Lynn Hoyt said...

What everyone else said and then some. What an interesting and fantastic idea for a sketch challenge. I'm always amazed at how your brain works.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card Linda! I just love that scene! Reminds me of being out in Alberta visiting the Rocky Mountains! So pretty! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Jennifer Spiller said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Jen Timko said...

This is a much preferred method for me (sadly, almost never available.....). Love this week's sketch and all that has been created with it. Your card is fantastic!

Kim S said...

An absolutely perfect diamond shape!! Thanks for the sketch!